The ECA Business Energy team are more than happy to help, even if you’re not an ECA client.
We understand these are challenging times for many businesses, and we want to help as many people as we can.
If you are experiencing any issues with utility suppliers, or just have a question or query, we will do our very best to provide support.
We have a full team of specialists, safely working at home, with remote access to our systems.
We are assisting businesses with our full range of services.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Click here or call 01246 290490.
In the meantime, we thought it would be useful to share answers to questions frequently asked.
Closing your business
We understand many businesses are having to close due to COVID-19. At these difficult times, we advise you to do the following before closing:
- Please provide an up to date meter reading. If possible, please take a picture of the meter. This will help ensure your bill is accurate, avoiding overestimated bills. If you don’t provide meter readings, energy suppliers will produce invoices based on the estimated annual usage on the industry database.
- Please also get in touch with your supplier to provide an alternative postal address.
- Before you leave your premises, please turn down your thermostat, and turn off any equipment you can. Please also turn off your water supply.
- Please allow for energy cost on your P and L, even when sites are closed. Use previous bills as a budget guide.
- If you don’t have half hourly data or automatic meter read, providing meter readings before closing a site will make reconciliation of billing over the shutdown period much quicker and more accurate.
- If you are worried about contract rates, due to the fall in consumption (especially if your contract contains penalties) you are welcome to speak to ECA. We will do all we can to advise of your options.
- If you may require payment assistance, please speak to your supplier at the earliest opportunity. We can talk through your options with you.
Please stay safe during these challenging times. We wish you all the best, and look forward to helping you soon.